In the event a family member has been physically or verbally violent towards you, do the following without delay:
* Contact the police urgently for protection and assistance.
* Go to the police station and press charges against the violent family member.
* If you suffer physical injuries in consequence of the violence, contact a medical entity to get the necessary medical treatment.
* It is important to remember to get a detailed confirmation from the entities you apply to in this regard (including a confirmation of pressing charges and confirmation of referral for medical treatment).
* Apply to a lawyer in order to submit a motion for a protection order with the competent court (see “protection order”).
* It is important that all the above actions be taken immediately or as close as possible to the violent event.